Follow-up on my previous entry about AmigaOS 4.1 FE Classic on WinUAE

In a previous post I mentioned having system crash issues with AmigaOS 4.1 FE. I seemed to have found one reason for the crashes.

I read in a Forum entry and in an interview with Timothy De Groote about Z3 memory in OS 4.1. So I checked my WinUAE emulator settings and found Z3 memory set to zero. So I increased the Z3 memory to 512MB and rebooted. The system started working better. The web browsing experienced improved as the browser wasn't crashing as often. Although, unfortunately, it still crashes but less often now.

I already had 2MB chip memory and 128 MB on the PPC card, so I'm not sure as to why adding Z3 memory helped.

So I think that, at least in part, my AmigaOS 4.1 crashes and memory problems were related to a emulator configuration that caused an insufficient memory issue in AmigaOS 4.1 FE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AmigaOS Aros clone on Icaros Desktop version 2.2.5

FreeBSD and OpenBSD in Hyper-V - First Attempts

Recent AmigaOS 3.1 Word Processor Experiments