Haiku OS Reaches Beta Release

Several years ago I discovered the Be Operating System. I really enjoyed using BeOS, as it was commonly named. It was a light-weight OS that was very responsive. I had been an AmigaOS fan for several years, and at the time when I discovered BeOS, the AmigaOS was stagnant and no new hardware was being produced. 

But time has progressed and software has been written for a BeOS replacement named Haiku OS. A beta version of the Operating System has been produced and is now available for download

I will write more about Haiku in the future. For a good video overview of Haiku OS Beta 1, please see Bryan Lunduke's review on YouTube.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AmigaOS Aros clone on Icaros Desktop version 2.2.5

FreeBSD and OpenBSD in Hyper-V - First Attempts

Recent AmigaOS 3.1 Word Processor Experiments