Experiments with Amithlon

Aside from the legal issues of the release of Amithlon in the previous Decade, last week I was going through some old CD-ROMs that I had in my collection. I stumbled across my copy of Amithlon. Two weeks ago I was doing some technical reading on the Internet in regard to Amithlon. When I first acquired Amithlon, I wasn't too aware of the differences between it and other emulated Amiga software such as WinUAE and E-UAE. After learning of many of the technical differences, I wanted to give it a try.

I had two desktop computers on which I tried to boot Amithlon. An i3 Intel machine and an AMD machine. Amithlon wouldn't boot on either of them. After pondering an hour or two, I remembered that I had an old Pentium 4 Celeron computer (a Compaq S6100NX) that my mother-in-law had given me when they moved houses two years ago. It wasn't running anything anyways, so I decided to plug it in and try to boot Amithlon on it. The result? It booted with no problem! The only problem encountered was that I couldn't find a PS/2 keyboard in my computer collection nor was there an internal 3.5" IDE hard disk inside the computer.

So my plan at this point is to see if someone I know near me has an old PS/2 keyboard and maybe an old 3.5" IDE hard disk they're willing to part with. I'd really like to get Amithlon fully working and installed on this old computer. That way I have a dedicated Amiga computer as my A1200 is not doing well (I'll blog about this sad story soon.).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AmigaOS Aros clone on Icaros Desktop version 2.2.5

FreeBSD and OpenBSD in Hyper-V - First Attempts

Recent AmigaOS 3.1 Word Processor Experiments