Testing Haiku OS on Dell PowerEdge R620 with two 2.5G 6-core Intel Xeon Processors

I've been wanting to test Haiku OS on an Intel Xeon processor for a while. And recently I had my chance after having access to a  Dell PowerEdge R620 that was pulled from production.

So I used a downloaded copy of Haiku OS nightly build from 8/20/2019. Below are screenshots of the maker and line as well as the processor specs for the system.

BIOS Manufacture Screen
BIOS Screen of Dell PowerEdge R620 used for testing


Haiku did detect all the core processors (as shown in the screenshot below. It also found the network cards, although I was unable to test network connectivity. Haiku did not, however, detect the SAS drives as the screenshot also shows.

Showing of Processor cores, NICs, drives
As part of the test I ran GL Teapot, two Chart instances and the Haiku demo animation. The system ran quite fine.


It was a quick test. I was hoping to install Haiku, but it didn't see the SAS drives. Still I considered it a successful test of Haiku on Intel Xeon processors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FreeBSD and OpenBSD in Hyper-V - First Attempts

AmigaOS Aros clone on Icaros Desktop version 2.2.5

Recent AmigaOS 3.1 Word Processor Experiments